Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games seeks a Director of Engineering for its San Francisco studio. As Director of Engineering, you are responsible for building and managing Engineering & QA teams which can deliver world-class mobile free-to-play games at the highest standards. You will partner with other discipline & product leaders to ensure engineering goals are aligned with business goals.
In this role you will have the opportunity to ensure that our Engineering team is productive and motivated by overseeing the hiring and career growth of each member, as well as owning Engineering and development processes and standards. You will hand craft the development of each individual, constantly assessing each team member to ensure they focus on consistently delivering quality software, to expectations laid out in the Job Family Guidelines, while also identifying opportunities to help engineers grow into Seniors, Leads or Managers.
You will also partner with Production to ensure timely, quality software releases by driving the development process and directly managing the Quality Assurance Team. You will ensure Engineering’s and QA’s involvement in the full feature life-cycle, and will be responsible for estimating, scheduling, tasking and monitoring of engineering assignments and progress.
As a member of the studio leadership team, you will be responsible for making WB Games San Francisco a great place to work, with a collaborative & transparent culture, with world-class talent and development skills.What part will you play?
What do we require from you?
- Coach, manage and mentor studio Engineers.
- Drive improvements in the development process.
- Manage the QA team and QA processes, through a Sr. QA Manager.
- Review and maintain coding standards, oversee code review processes.
- Interviewing / Hiring / Onboarding / Recruiting.
- Performance Reviews.
- Define Roles and Responsibilities for Engineering team.
- Master’s degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 10+ years of game industry experience.
- At least 5+ years at Director level.
- Experience operating a free-to-play mobile live operations engineering team with frequent releases/updates.
- Experience managing a large group of engineers & engineering managers/leads.
- Experience making and operating games with the Unity development environment.
- Experience running engineering on server-authoritative games.
- Have been responsible for hiring and performance management.
- Experience programming in 3 or more languages, C# a plus.
- Knowledge of Unity game development environment.
- Understands all aspects of the software development & release process.
- Experience in full-stack game development.
- Knowledge of software design practices including architecture, client / server programming and software design patterns.
- Knowledge of mobile platforms, middleware technologies.
- Experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Knowledge of Agile development process.
- Strong Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and performance management skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for knowledge sharing to avoid single points of failure.
- Model leadership behaviors and maintain positive working culture.
- Passion for making games.