Avalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Avalanche Software, a division of Warner Brothers Games Inc. seeks a Graphics Engineer with rendering and special effects experience to join our talented team working on an unannounced AAA console title.
As a member of our studio's engineering team, you will collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop immersive gameplay experiences with industry leading visuals.
Relocation to Salt Lake City, Utah is required.
What part will you play?
- Design and author as well as maintenance and refactoring of visual and effects systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Work closely with designers and content creators to engineer solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
- Partner with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules, identifying dependencies and raising red-flags where appropriate.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of code and authoring systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
What do we require from you?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Two years of professional game programming experience
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL, special effects, and advanced mathematics
- Thorough knowledge and comfort with object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent debugging skills and understanding of graphics optimization issues
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people
- Self-starter attitude, and comfort with collaboration
- Strong passion to build industry-leading game visuals and ship the highest quality AAA games
- Experience working in console game development, from start to finish, on multiple projects
- Experience in collaborating with technical and FX artists to deliver fully realized effects
- Work in OpenCL/CUDA or other massively parallel general processing paradigms