Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Avalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Avalanche/WB Games Inc., is looking for a senior level Technical Artist with strong Unreal, character development and Python experience to join their Salt Lake City studio.
The Senior Tech Artist will be part of a versatile tech-art team working with the latest technology developing a yet to be announced AAA title.
What part will you play?
- Improve rigging and character development workflow.
- Assist and support modelers, animators and riggers by developing tools, defining best practices, developing character rig standards, and mentoring junior tech-artists.
- Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements.
- Collaborate and work as a team with programmers, animators, artists and other technical artists.
- Research and develop forward thinking animation technologies and tools.
- Create content integration in Unreal Engine.
What do we require from you?
Nice to have
- 5+ years’ experience in the industry and at least 1 published game.
- Strong Unreal 4 foundation; integration and optimization of content, blueprints and cloth.
- 5+ years’ experience with Maya.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with motion capture data and processing.
- In depth experience with creating and maintaining high end character rigs.
- A strong foundation in character animation and anatomy.
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone.
- Experience with facial anatomy, facial rigging and FACS.
- Experience with FaceFX and Faceware.
- Experience with photogrammetry.
- Experience with ZBrush.