VFX Artist 2
We are looking for a talented Visual Effects Artist to join our creative team.
Visual Effects Artists here research, conceptualize, and animate natural effects (water, smoke, foliage, dust, fabric) as well as fantastical effects (spells, explosions, powers, etc.). Candidates must have an interest in fantasy and science fiction, be driven to create effects never before seen in video games, and have a good eye for effective visual representations. Successful candidates must be proficient in VFX animation and have an understanding of physical principals. We are also looking for strong problem- solving skills.
What a VFX Artist at BioWare will do:
Who You Are:
- Develops a large range of visual effect art assets according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. These art assets include particle systems, meshes, textures, and animations.
- Partners closely with the Art discipline leads and technical artists and will be responsible for creating spectacular visual effects.
- Responsible for all technical and aesthetic considerations for the project's visual effect art style.
- Manages In-Game Particle Effects work, Explosions, Gunfire, Energy FX, weather effects, etc.
- Communicates with programmers and designers as necessary to bring tasks to completion.
- Provides creative input specific to assigned tasks.
**3D Portfolio Requirements**
- 5+ years' experience as a VFX artist in the game industry
- Experience with creating VFX in a game engine
- At least one shipped AAA game title
- Experience in Photoshop (required), After Effects (preferred). Experience with Maya or 3d Studio required. Houdini experience an advantage.
- Experience with a scripting language (Mel, Maxscript or Python, etc.)
- Experience with real-time, node-based shader editors in modern game engines
- Ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it, and re-create it in a real-time game engine
- Specialized knowledge of environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting and dynamics
- Understanding of PBR compliancy and lighting
- Ability to be creative beyond reality and demonstrate a flair for sensational and extraordinary effects
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, direct, and flexible approach to work yet firm
- Experience with MS Office, Adobe suite and Adobe illustrator
- Solid Technical abilities to aid in creating new visual effects art pipelines
- Knowledge of source control software such as Perforce
- Ability to focus on keep content relevant to the current projects art style and work within those limitations
- Meticulous and organized in the approach to tasks, files and storage of the material
- Bachelor's degree in visual arts or related field, or equivalent professional experience and training
- English is the required language of work
A link to your portfolio must be included with your application/resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
(Please include as many of the following elements as you can)
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls)
- Examples of fantastical effects animation (spells, explosions)
- Examples of rigid or soft body dynamics
- Effects created in a game engine
- Examples of modeling texturing and lighting
- Examples of various animations
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for pay increases and bonuses resulting from good performance