We are looking for a a talented and accomplished Technical Artist to join us in our Los Angeles studio!
This position will be instrumental in developing the processes, tools and pipelines that will enable the creation of the content for Star Citizen and Squadron 42. We are seeking that rare combination of artist and technical wizard, who possesses a strong artistic vision, but also the skills to solve complex technical challenges within the tools and the game engine.
• Work closely with the artists and team leads to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision of the game.
• Help shape and evolve art pipelines, including proprietary tools, software, plug-ins, and game technology.
• Collaborate with game designers, artists, and engineers to ensure that technical art toolset is serving the project needs.
• Ensure art assets are integrated into the Lumberyard Engine from Autodesk 3DSMax, meeting artistic and technical requirements.
• Identify potential and recurring workflow problems and collaborate with other developers to come up with viable solutions.
• Create and maintain documentation for tools, conventions and procedures.
• Provide technical support to the art and design teams.
• Ensures art assets are integrated into the Lumberyard Engine from Autodesk 3DSMax, meeting artistic and technical requirements.
• Investigates new techniques, assists in prototyping and helps other developers with technical roadblocks.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in game development serving in a technical art role.
• Autodesk 3DSMax (Hard-Surface Modeling / Texturing / UV Layout, Skinning / Rigging, Animation, Particle Effects, MaxScript Tool Design and Scripting)
• Photoshop Texturing
• Knowledge of XML, Lua, JSON
• Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player.
• Proven problem-solving skills, along with the ability to rapidly prototype.
• Ability to step through and learn an existing codebase while adhering to an established code style.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• One or more shipped AAA titles in a technical role.
• Demonstrated initiative and relentless motivation to tackle complex technical challenges.
• International travel may be required as part of the role
• Mastery in one or more technical skills including tools scripting, shader development, visual effects, or lighting.
• Skilled in one or more related disciplines - concept, visual effects, or modelling.
• Understanding of UI/UX principals applied to tools development.
• PBR Material Creation
• Autodesk Maya
• Mel / Python
• Visual Studio
• C++ , C#