We are looking for a Storyboard Artist to illustrate the narrative, plan shots, and draw panels to demonstrate action and maintain continuity between scenes for our new animated feature.
• Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved, receiving written and verbal descriptions of a sequence
• Create quick thumbnail sketches through to finished detailed storyboard panels
• Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives
• Illustrate script pages and come up with story ideas
• Pitch Storyboards when required
• Work with director and head of story to define staging, pacing and camera action
• Develop character personality and dramatic/comedic action
• Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
• Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
• Meet all deadlines as determined by the Production Team.
• Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines.
• Collaborates with other teams, when it's necessary.
• Follows supervisor's guidance.
• 2-3 years of professional experience.
• 1 or more year experience in the animation industry.
• Practical knowledge of cinematic language, acting and staging.
• Must be able to express story and character emotions through drawings.
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop, and Wacom Cintiq tablet.
• Ability to take direction and work well with a team.
• Strong storytelling abilities to feature character, emotion and movement.
• Strong staging and composition skills.
• Ability to invent action and express it through drawing.
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong creative and technical skills.