Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test for our Liverpool studio.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Manager of Certification Services and Compliance Engineering Lead to assist with developing the technical framework of a global test strategy.
- Develop flexible, maintainable test harnesses for PlayStation® software and games.
- Work with the Compliance Engineering Lead to review and analyse service related data with a view to developing technical solutions that optimise and/or improve services.
- Build test tools and test automation solutions.
- Debug your own and peers software solutions.
- Test new game and server software before it's released to millions of gamers world-wide.
Required Skills and capabilities
- Work comfortably with development engineers, game teams, project managers and test analysts.
- Ideally suited to a self-starter, with a hunger to learn and desire to lead technical innovation.
- Degree in a Computer Science or related area, alternatively equivalent combinations of technical education and work experience.
- A strong knowledge of C/C++ and game development practices.
- A devotion to test and passion for quality.
- Experience working on a game team as a developer or SDET for a shipped console project.
- Experience with user-level automation frameworks and scripting via Lua, Python or equivalent language.
- Practical knowledge of C# including tools development in a production environment.
- Strong 'Customer' focus and new ideas on how WWS QA can continue to improve the quality of the service we provide to our partners.
What we can offer you:
- Membership of a team with responsible for developing the automation and tool assisted testing framework that supports the global test strategy.