This person is a UX Architect/Product Designer, not a UI Designer and will be responsible for leading the UX on our most successful game mode. They will report to the UX Director and join of team of talented UX Designers enhancing the way millions of players interact with our game.
The ideal candidate is expert in UX and evidence based design, and passionately driven to deliver delightful user experiences. In addition to this exceptional comprehension of usability and human factors, we seek a leader with determination and resourcefulness, thorough attention to detail, and an ability to clearly and completely influence and articulate the right solutions. This Senior User Experience Designer is obsessed with UX and sports/games, able to sell and defend work while professionally responding to feedback, and thrives in a highly collaborative, high pressure and iterative product environment.
• Inspire, design and drive the overall user experience of FIFA Ultimate Team.
• Create innovative, emotive, and fun solutions to complex UX problems within strict technical limitations and tight deadlines.
• Can influence stakeholders to make delightful, credible, and feasible recommendations/solutions.
• Domain expertise, can onboard rapidly to know the product inside-out.
• Player First - flawless understanding of our target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement.
• Hands-on Architect capable of cranking out several low fidelity wirefames in a day and interactive prototypes in a couple of days.
• Conceptualize and effectively visually communicate UX ideas to get buy-in from stakeholders.
• Own UX features end-to-end including Creative/Feature Briefs, Milestone Deliverables, Change Requests, and Bug Tracking.
• Lead UX Audits, Brainstorm & Ideation sessions, Concept Pitches, Heuristic Evaluations, Internal/External Tests, and Internal Reviews of UX features.
• Collaborate with Producers and Designers to help realise their vision and ensure that the UX is not compromised end-to-end.
• Work closely with partners to evaluate and translate research findings into actionable results.
• Responsible for UX consistency and ensuring that process is adhered to; furthermore help the UX Director to evolve engagement model and KPIs.
Competencies and Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science degree in HCI or a design-related field with Human Factors,
• 5+ years professional UX experience.
• Experience designing complex user experiences across ideally console games or variety of products and/or services with microtransactions.
• Excellent core UX skills including human factors, psychology, UX principles, heuristics, guidelines etc.
• Simplifier that can also get the bigger picture, takes smart risks, is innovative, a visionary that can think outside the box but still deliver fun solutions within strict technical limitations.
• Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
• Commanding knowledge of Wireframing and Prototyping tools (e.g. OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamic, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to produce low and high fidelity solutions.
• An exceptional portfolio demonstrating a track record of successful UX leadership and high impact creative and emotional design solutions to complex problems.
• Impeccable sensitivity to user goals, wants and needs, furthermore ability to prioritize against business goals.
• Must be a deep thinker, can critically analyze UX and understands why and how it is successful.
• Expertise in data synthesis and evidence based design, has experience successfully maximizing AEM.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.