Senior Software Engineer/Technical Director (Configuration Management)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer/Technical Director to join the Configuration Management team within the Frostbite Engineering Workflows Group. We are looking for someone who is passionate about engineering workflows and has deep experience of software engineering at a large scale.
The Frostbite Engine contains technology that has been in development for over 15 years and contains on the order of 10M lines of code in 100s of packages. The Engineering Workflows Team is at the center of ensuring that engineers on Frostbite and across many game teams can interact with the code base efficiently and easily.
- Developing and maintaining highly scalable build & CM tools
- Providing world-class automated build and test infrastructure
- Enabling low friction development and distribution of code
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder, effective people manager, and product owner.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Work together with Frostbite Engine users to manage customer requirements while driving forward state-of-the-art practices in code build systems.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Develop the vision for code build and distribution workflows for the Frostbite Engine and its users.
- Ensure the proper and responsible use of open source libraries in the Frostbite Engine.
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- 10+ years software development experience (ideally C++ and C#)
- 4+ years lead software developer experience
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with a wide range of code build pipelines (e.g. PC, iOS, Android, Xbox One, PS4, etc.)
- Experience leading engineering teams (ideally in an agile context)
- Expertise with software build systems (MSBuild, Make, FASTBuild, Ant, NAnt, etc.)
- Experience of writing tools for source control management systems (ideally Perforce)
- Deep knowledge of language toolchains (compilers, assemblers, linkers, manifest tools, packaging tools, etc.)
- Understanding of open source licenses and their interaction with copyright law
- (Optional) Experience developing and operating CI/CD systems