Senior QA Analyst
We thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers - it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
EA Redwood Shores is looking for passionate, talented people willing to help redefine the mobile gaming space. We provide an open, fun environment that gives individuals an opportunity to learn and grow.
The Sr Quality Analyst position at EA Redwood Shores is an embedded QA role within the development team. They will be responsible for creating and testing builds in a development environment, and working with development specific tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own multiple area(s) of the game and provide feedback to feature and content designers as needed
- Carry out and follow pre-integration build verification and reporting system/processes.
- Carry out and follow pre-integration content testing strategies using development tools.
- Carry out Grey/White box testing on appropriate features/tools.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and share knowledge to increase team's efficiency.
- Capture and communicate key knowledge through updating existing resources.
- Analyze features sets and identify opportunities for automation along with benefits, and communicate to engineers
- Draft detailed requirements for implementation of new features.
- Test case creation from design documentation or feature expertise.
- Provide in-depth scrum team support, working closely with product owners and scrum masters to align daily priorities.
- Test case regression, verification, and adhoc of newly implemented features.
- Ability to manage full life cycle of defects, from research to tracking to closing.
- Strong knowledge of individual systems in play within the game engine.
- Qualitative feedback on features with issues of usability.
- Comfort using debugging tools.
- Collaborate daily with members of Production and Development.
- Escalate issues of concern to key stakeholders within a timely manner.
- Influence the prioritization of issues in bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts.
- Share ownership of the bug database.
- Provide qualitative feedback on features during early design stages, with an emphasis on the end user experience and quality.
- Be the voice of quality for the product.
- Must be able to develop and foster strong working relationships with development teams and integrate a development QA support strategy into the development process.
- Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
- Understands concepts of defect prevention and defect containment.
- Experienced with Grey/White box testing in development environments.
- Awareness of existing tools & technology and ability to utilize with a high degree of ownership. EA proprietary tools are a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of the entire software development cycle.
- Strong understanding of existing Quality Assurance processes. Knows how to effectively apply to the assigned project.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong observational skills. Analytical, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well in a group setting with people of different disciplines.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to recognize, assess, call out, and mitigate risks and potential areas of concern with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Able to independently and effectively solve low to mid-level issues with the development team.
- Proficiency with PC and current Windows / Mac operating systems.
- Active listener with both peers and partners, can drive conversations, and encourages team participation.
- Analyzes personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalates potential improvements.
- Immediately recognizes critical issues or testing deficiencies and raises concerns to senior QA/development team
- 5+ Years of QA testing experience
- 3+ Years of QA support in embedded environments
- Previous games industry experience.
- Experience working with offsite teams.
- Experience with JIRA or similar defect tracking and task management databases.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts.
- Understanding of Java Script or other scripting languages.