Senior Engine Programmer
Location: Kent or Stirling
We are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to work on enhancing the capabilities and performance of our core engine for Flight Sim World. Reporting into Lead Programmer, you will need to make a detailed study of the characteristics of the engine (especially performance), then recommend and implement improvements.
What we look for in you:
- Take ownership of key areas of the game engine and any related tools.
- Proactively identify performance bottlenecks and remove them. This may include increasing parallelisation if required.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the simulation and implement them.
- Document new features for use by external partners.
- Work with other engineers on the team to raise the standard of engineering.
The following experience is beneficial, but not essential:
- Experienced C++ programmer
- Shipped at least 1 title as an engine programmer on current-gen hardware
- Strong debugging skills
- Experienced with profiling CPU and GPU to identify performance and memory bottlenecks
- Experienced with the optimisation of mature codebases, at low, algorithmic and content levels (and in directing others to do so)
- Experiencing with the design, implementation and maintenance of multi-threaded systems
- Experience with the design, implementation and maintenance of cross-core parallelised systems
- Comfortable with working with assembler, register and memory views.
- Able to contribute to other areas of game code if required.
- Works well within a team
Why work for us?
- DirectX, OpenGL and Vulcan experience
- Windows programming experience
- API design experience
- HLSL authoring experience
- X86 assembler experience
- Has held position of engine lead
- Experienced with integrated 3rd party libraries
- Good math skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Interest in simulation games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games.
- You'll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.