Quality Engineering Project Manager
The SCQ-T team drives quality development by developing tooling and services that enables their partners to reach their development standards. The PM works with a variety of teams, providing the interface between SCQ-T and their development partners. They help drive release projects across the board and out the door by providing a consistent and productive team of Quality Engineers to the teams that need them.
As the process driver for the individual contributors, the PM will guide the agile based software development lifecycle for the SCQ-T team. This will include coordinating appropriate meetings (sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily standups, retrospectives) as required based on the SDLC in play (Scrum or Kanban).
The PM will also be responsible for ensuring that data in project software tools is consistently updated; these tools may include Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Teams, Confluence, and PowerBI.
The PM will be responsible for defining the detailed plan for any given quarter. They will carry out a detailed analysis of the development project plan and work out appropriate project milestones with stakeholders. These milestones will include specific targets that must be met by certain dates for project success, and early warning indicators of project success or failure.
The PM will perform this duty which will include; tracking, and evaluating and assessing risks to the project. They must be able to prioritize when milestone deadlines are a concern, manage and mitigate risks, and plan for contingencies.
The PM will assist in developing the quarter reports and utilizing our PowerBI charts to provide status and project health.
The Skills, Training and Tools
Nice to Haves:
- Agile Scrum and Lean Kanban
- Jira and Confluence
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint)
- Experience working with development processes and managing technical projects
- Degree of equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- PowerBI Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMI)
- Scrum Master Certification
- MS Office 365 Tools (Sway, Planner)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Pro-active, motivated and focused
- Persuasive and influential
- Strategic and forward thinker
- Flexible and dynamic
- Commercial awareness