We are currently looking for a mission / level designer to join the small, top-tier team working on our next self-published title in our Stockholm office. We're primarily looking for designers with mid level to senior experience, though all applications are welcome.
As a mission / level designer, you'll be responsible for both creating amazing locations in the game world, and scripting the experiences the player will have in them. In practice, this means:
- Designing, writing and scripting engaging missions and narrative flows. All while closely working with:
- The game director, to ensure your mission design is in line with the high level narrative
- Your lead designer, to ensure that you maximize the synergy and showcase of gameplay mechanics
- Building settings from the ground up using buildings, roads, props and terrain. All while closely working with:
- The art team, to ensure your designs fit the aesthetic of the game, and are visually up to scratch
- World designers, to ensure your locations fit in the greater context of the open world as well as identifying synergies
- Placing all of the enemies and gameplay props necessary to pull off your vision of the experience. All while closely working with:
- Your lead designer, to ensure your vision fits the overall design requirements
- The art team, to ensure you have the assets needed for your vision
- And finally, making adjustments based on feedback and thoroughly debugging your work until it's ready to make its way into the hands of millions of players.
We're looking for a designer who:
- Is passionate about the art and theory of level design
- Has strong knowledge of game design fundamentals
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has an interest in writing and storytelling
- Is a generalist, with interest in and knowledge of other disciplines
- Is able to successfully produce results individually and as part of a team
- Has a passion for playing open world action games!
- Experience as a mission / level designer on a AAA title
- Experience building open world games
- Experience working with narrative (text, dialogue or environmental storytelling)
- Experience in other design fields (game design, AI design etc)
- Any artistic experience in areas such as lighting and animation
- Scripting experience / knowledge (Python, LUA or equal)
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.