Lead Software Engineer
The R&D Team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the global computer animation pipeline used to create our beautiful films.
We're looking for a software engineer who is committed to creating and maintaining world-class production tools. If you are a highly motivated individual with a deep understanding of software application engineering, an ability to collaborate with large cross-functional teams, and are skilled in designing and implementing robust, easy to maintain code, this may be the role for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for feature development and bug fixing for proprietary software used by concurrent film productions. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Oversee day-to-day operation.
• Motivate team members.
• Partner with Artists and other Engineers to iterate, debug, document and refine tools and processes for feature film production.
• Embrace and introduce technology innovations to keep Ilion on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
• Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
• Evangelize new technologies and techniques to artistic and technical colleagues.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Solid engineering skills with an appreciation of code craft, code health, and addressing technical debt.• Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline oriented environment.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• Proven work experience as a team leader.
• Scripting skills with expertise in Python, PyQt and/or Maya MEL.
• Knowledge of platforms such as Maya, Houdini, Mari or Nuke.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.