Games Advisor- Portuguese/English Bilingual
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We're hiring a Games Advisor - Portuguese/English Bilingual.
A Games Advisor helps our players fix their issues and answers their questions firsthand. They are on our frontline, talking to our players to help them get back in the game.
This role is part of EA's Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience organization strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We're players taking care of players and people talking to people - whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
A Games Advisor will work on the floor in Customer Experience (CE) alongside their teams. A typical day will see this person taking calls, chats, or emails to help our players with their account and game issues. They are passionate about creating personalized moments for our players, and they want CE to be the place where players come for help and leave saying, "That was an awesome experience."
So how do Games Advisor - Portuguese/English Bilingual make great experiences for players? They:
- give our players the best experience possible via chat, email, and phones
- troubleshoot and handle complicated, sometimes sensitive, issues
- take accountability for helping our players, quickly
- maintain security and confidentiality of internal information as well as player/account information
- resolve as many issues as possible the first time the player contacts us
- communicate with players of all gaming skill levels and know how to talk to each of them
- build positive relationships with our players and team members
- maintain excellent quality standards
If this role is for you, then you are:
- identify top issues and think of ways to troubleshoot them quickly and effectively
- come up with ideas for improvements that help give our players great experiences.
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
- passionate-you love what you do and you want to make CE a better, more helpful place
- an awesome communicator- you've got great verbal and written skills that take your communication to the next level
- a team player - you work well when you're collaborating with your team
- good at staying on-track-you can maintain your objectives given and you always get your stuff done
- a positive person - your can-do attitude finds the bright side of every situation, even the most stressful ones, and you can learn and grow from them, too
- quick on your feet-you can easily navigate challenges, sometimes without a lot of information as emerging issues come up
- a critical thinker-you can spot gaps in our processes and work with other departments to come up with ways to fix them
- detail-oriented and an excellent organizer-you're happiest when everything is in its place and you know how to find what you're looking for
- a multi-tasker extraordinaire-you can handle multiple things coming at you at the same time
- always on-time-you show up when you're needed
- flexible-you're okay with change, and you don't mind working night, weekend, and holiday shift schedules that rotate from time to time based on company needs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Verbal and written fluency in both Portuguese and English
- Experience in troubleshooting gameplay on PC, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, and mobile devices.
- An understanding of multiple racing, RPG, and FPS games as well as gaming terminology.
- Use of multiple gaming platforms.
- Basic knowledge using Microsoft Office suite(s).
- Minimum typing speed of 45 WPM.
- Experience in de-escalations/retention.
- Familiarity with social networking and latest ways to communicate, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- A minimum 2 years of customer service experience preferred.
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day. In addition to all of this, we offer a discounted onsite gym, Stepping Stone School onsite, and popcorn every Wednesday!
As an equal opportunity employer, EA is committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. All hiring and other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. Jurisdictions where EA candidates and employees are located may also prohibit consideration of other factors in employment decisions. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.