The position of Episodic Director requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 2D Animation pipeline, with 5+ years of experience in a similar role working on broadcast or film projects. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Partnering with the Director, the Episodic Director participates in all creative aspects and in all phases of the production to achieve the overall completion of a 2D Episodic TV show.
- Lead animatics and deliver assigned episodes through HD delivery
- Script: consult with and advise the persons responsible for the writing the material the Project is based and carry out of all customary revisions;
- Budget and Schedule: work with the Company to enable the Company to prepare a proper, comprehensive and detailed budget and schedule for the production
- Pre-production: assist in all necessary preparations for the production in accordance with the approved budget and schedule
- Direct the Project; direct the photography and recordings of the production as efficiently and economically as possible and in accordance with the final shooting script, budget and schedule
- Post-Production: both during and after completion of the principal photography and recording of the production, organise and supervise the cutting, editing, post-synchronizing, scoring, dubbing, special and optical effects and titling, and the production of any retakes, added or substituted scenes of the production or cover shots
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably in Digital 2D animation for, TV, or film.
- Prior directorial experience preferred.
- Strong, proven skills in storyboarding, animation camera composition, storytelling and animation timing required.
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom animation and post production techniques and terminology required.
- Bachelor's degree in film, art or related field preferred.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills. Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal). Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff and management.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict TV deadlines.
- Traditional portfolio and reel demonstrating drawing skills and work experience required.
: Fixed Contractplease apply