Development Director (Temporary)
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. They must partner closely with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
• Builds and evolves effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Builds and maintains effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project
• Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team
• Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
• Participates in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements
• Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
• Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope
• Partnering with production to manage scope and quality
• Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
• Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources as appropriate
• Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience;
• Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
• Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.