Brand Manager - Marketing
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Brand Manager to work on and shape the future of a world-renowned, interactive entertainment brand that has entertained hundreds of millions of people around the globe for more than seventeen years.
Reporting to the Senior Brand Director, EA is seeking a Brand Manager with a passion to build strong brands, proven ability to drive product and service marketing strategies, and enthusiasm for the interactive entertainment industry. The candidate will understand how to identify and apply consumer insights into brand and product development with emphasis on driving player engagement and satisfying player needs. The candidate will be responsible for creating successful, brand and marketing strategies that strengthen player relationships, and enable business success for EA. The candidate will be a strategic thinker with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and one that thrives on creating opportunities in a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Lead brand marketing via strategic partnership with Development, Publishing, and Marketing partners to drive marketing activities that meet the needs of players and the market.
- Develop franchise objectives and establish KPIs that communicate and measure brand and franchise performance.
- Shape the definition of our consumer target and their associated needs, motivations, and insights that assist brand growth, product development and inform marketing strategies.
- Partner with Studio Leadership and Product Development on strategic, multi-year franchise brand and product roadmaps that delight our players and deliver on the brand vision.
- Lead and influence the marketing touchpoints in the player journey that impact product development and CFX team execution in support of exceeding player needs and strengthening relationships with players.
- Collaborate with Development on defining product features, content, and experiences by advocating on behalf of marketing and the player's needs.
- Provide strategic oversight of brand and franchise marketing strategies with EA Publishing and Marketing teams to ensure campaign management and execution is on brand, meets the needs of players, and contributes to player engagement and business objectives.
- Lead key global franchise and marketing partner relationships.
- Craft creative briefs and drive creative asset development/approvals of all key art and campaign content.
Skills / Core Competencies
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to strategically identify marketing opportunities based on cultural, consumer, market, and industry trends.
- Experience at cross-functional leadership with consumer live services, web, games and technology development teams.
- Experience at developing innovative strategic brand marketing plans, marketing campaigns and development of brand marketing creative thru cross functional leadership.
- Understanding of consumer online marketing channels including paid search, direct response media, direct marketing / CRM, analytics, social media and viral marketing.
- Familiarity with the asset development process, experience in managing creative agencies, and planning strategic asset plans that support product lifecycles and key initiatives.
- Experience with writing impactful copy that communicates product messaging across multiple touchpoints including retail, advertising, and social.
- Ability to track impact and ROI of marketing programs/spend, to trend key metrics against baseline.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis to projects / workflow in addition to problems.
- Excellent, consistent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership & teamwork skills to ensure cooperative relationships across departments.
- Good knowledge of working with and marketing to connected communities and networks.
- Launch experience of world class consumer online services, online games and/or PC games.
- Basic understanding of marketing online services/games including structuring acquisition /reacquisition, distribution and influencer programs.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity with Analytics applications (Google Analytics, SQL) is a plus.
- A rich understanding of The Sims franchise, its history, and the game's feature set a plus.
- 5+ years brand/product marketing experience, online gaming and/or online consumer businesses a big plus.
- Experience planning and executing online marketing campaigns including creative, online media planning, CRM, and responsive analytics.
- Proven success leading & partnering with creative teams.
- Experience working in a matrixed, cross-functional organization.
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking.
- Marketing degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA a plus.