3Ds Max Pipeline Developer
Reporting to Pipeline Leadership, the 3Ds Max Developer identifies and solves complex VFX Pipeline challenges for tools, plug-ins, pipeline and workflow. The 3Ds Max Developer's perspective is high level and forward looking. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, partner and implement new and improved technologies the Maya Developer has advanced skills with Maya, Python and C++ required for research, development and mentoring others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Identify and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of the tools, plug-ins, pipeline and overall workflow development
- Gather requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple departments and/or disciplines
- Leverage current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline's technologies.
- Design, build, and implement pro-types; Debug and QA using common testing platforms w/stakeholders.
- Maintain and support created tools; fine-tune and troubleshoot as needed
- Write Technical Briefs and documentation
- Partner with Pipeline Management team to identify and schedule tasks
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards across teams and projects
- Mentor other pipeline team members; advise, guide and grow others.
- BA in Computer Science, or similar discipline (REQUIRED)
- 5+ years' experience in VFX, Gaming or other professional Maya software development
- Demonstrated advanced work experience with Max, Max Script, C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with runtime rendering APIs, like DirectX or OpenGL (PREFERED)
- Experience with user interface design in QT/PyQT.
- Experience with V-Ray, Thinking Particles, or Fume FX (PREFERRED)
- Experience working w/pipelines in Windows.
- Experience with meshes, transforms, joints and dynamic simulations
- Understanding of scheduling, task estimates and capacity planning.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.